Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Microsoft considers paying users to search

Microsoft is considering paying users to use its search engine to help it catch up with rival Google.

Well this is sure something I know about, having founded and run the original web currency and reward program beenz. I have to say that I think the idea could have some legs to it.

The question is whether Microsoft should reward users with cash back from the search related advertising dollars or create a global search based loyalty scheme a la beenz or air miles. In fact why doesn't Microsoft go one step further and launch Microsoft Miles or rewards. The more you use MSN or other internet related Micorosft products the more rewards you earn.

You could presumably redeem the rewards/points at the MSN shopping network. Now there's an idea. Let's see which portal see's the light first. Contact me if ya want guys. I can sure give some pointers.

Hey, perhaps we should launch businessuncut points. The more you read the more you earn. The more you comment the more you earn. Oh damn, I guess I'd have to launch the businessuncut shop then. How about businessuncut t-shirts. Ouch.

No comments: