Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Wed - Google launches Blog Search

Google today launched Google Blog Search. The service allows internet users to search across many/most (who really knows) of the worlds blog sites. People have been waiting for Google to launch such a service since they took over blogger.com a few years ago.

I thought I noticed something different when I went into blogger.com this morning. Unfortunately, after I realized exactly what Google was doing, and went to write this article, I could no longer access blogger.com. I guess the new service is not quite pronto yet. Oh, dear, lets hope Google doesn't follow too many of Microsoft's practices and launch services well before they're really ready!

But then, who can keep up with the increasigly exploding blogging universe. After all, there could be up to 50M blog sites already up (estimates seem to range from 12-50M) and a new blog site is being set up every second. Maybe we should cut google a little slack and use other blog search engines such as technorati until they are ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Keep up the good work.