Thursday, November 27, 2008

Umee Rocks .tv

We've stumbled across another neat UK tech company whimsically name umee - yep, you and me. Because their software helps you and me share rich media at social networking sites.

That means they trot along with their box of tricks to big media companies (I think mainly newspapers for now) and help them post and share their content to social networks so when we see something (media) we like we can share it with our mates.

umee then take a slice of the ad revenues. OK. So they could help shift more content around social networks, potentially increasing stickiness while enabling old media to get in on the social networking act that they royally missed or stuffed up by buying Friends Reunited.

Sounds reasonably cool. I have but one issue - the content better be hot or I'll be damned clogging share cred with my busy, media savvy mates. But maybe that's just me.

No comments: